Thursday, May 15, 2014

hand and foot prints

The tangibility of losing a child you never met is difficult to grasp.
I felt Molly in my tummy, alongside Seb, as they kicked away - but that's the sum of the life I felt.

So having anything to prove their existence is tough. I don't need to prove it to anyone else, it's more for myself. To have something to hold or feel.

Here are some of the other photos from the shoot that give Molly tangibility. And at the same time sharpen the pain.

As I write this, Seb lies on my chest sleeping. He is so precious to me, even if he is a very niggly little boy!


Molly's hand and footprints. My twin bracelet and a pair of booties for her from a friend.

I have lots of twos still. We were all set up for our twins. Sadly I haven't been able to sort some of the stuff out yet, so her Moses basket, car seat and other bits and bobs still sit in our spare room. 
The booties I will keep and use for Seb as they're beautiful. There's something about little shoes though. 
It reminds me of Ernest Hemingway's shortest story: For Sale: Baby shoes. Never worn.

Molly's tiny little hands and feet. 

Forever .






The warmth of my child sleeping against my chest is truly delicious.


1 comment:

Vannessa said...

Hugs xxx