Wednesday, July 14, 2010

bye ludwig

My heart, she is brekking.

The trauma. The sheer embarrassment of running behind my car, hugging it, and bawling like a toddler, tears and snot everywhere, as someone drove away in him this morning.

The most handsome, ridiculously gay Beetle in history. God he was perfect.

In the nick of time, I sold my Beetle this morning. And did I cry. I'm a mess. I am heartbroken.

I fly out tonight, and am staying with my folks - and haven't started crying yet on leaving them. So compound cry factor with beloved car, and the airport is going to have one helluva cry baby on its hands.

Bye my precious precious Ludwig.

Who has earmarked the last five years of my life, here he is, on the day I bought him.

I miss you so much already.

God I'm devastated. His new owner is currently driving him down to Durban. He's going to be a Durban car now.

Is this normal talk? Like, is this normal behaviour? Do people pine after their cars or get attached like I do? Fuck, it's like losing a pet.

6 comments:

Cauliflower Mash said...

Completely normal! My Bright Blue Bug, called Eeyore, was stolen... I also had him for about 5 years. Felt like someone had stolen my pet! Boo hoo

Cassey said...

It's normal to be attached. It could also be because it's the last item keeping you here. Travel well.

mEeLa said...

I totally understand the attachment to your car - my '87 Corolla is called Cecilia. Cecilia and I go everywhere together, and when she had a brief period in car hospital it took a lot of willpower not to correct them when they referred to her as 'that corolla wat is standing daar' rather than her name.

Hope Ludwig's owner treats him well, and good luck with the goodbyes tonight!

SpecialK said...

Wishing you all the best in this new, exciting chapter, Peas! No doubt you'll make it happen;)

Spear The Almighty said...

It's like sending the dog to the farm. May he have a great time in Durbs.

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks guys. Phew I'm not alone! I'm not mentally insane....almost :)

MeEla - LOVE the name Cecilia!

Poor Luddie.