Things that have happened today:
1) Was kept awake by solitary mosquito last night. The entire night. Even me putting the duvet over my head and making a breathing hole out of this didn’t stop the little f&cker. Am very grumpy today as a result.
2) Still have a stalker. But he’s calmed down due to a nefariously trite e-mail I sent him. As a result, only been phoned twice today, as opposed to the usual 5 times, plus 10 or so text messages as opposed to 15. I should be so lucky to only hear from him twice a week.
3) God I feel for pork chops and mash. With crispy crackling. Guess what’s for dinner at Laurian’s house?
4) Trying to sort out my Schengen visa is a beeyutch of note. I hate being South African sometimes. I need the following, just for SIX DAYS in Europe. (Amsterdam/Brussels in April.)
– proof that I’m employed/letter from big boss
- proof of [exorbitant] funds
- like three itineraries
- faxes from all the hotels I’m staying at (e-mails don’t count)
- [the most expensive option] travel insurance
- the usual, like a valid passport and photos
- possible proof that I’m not a neo-Nazi/terrorist
That’s just to APPLY! Steve’s British so doesn’t have to go through this admin. How tremendously annoying!
5) I’m leaving the country on Friday, flying off to the [idyllic] island of Zanzibar for ten days. So excited, could die. Plus that means stalker is here, and I’m there. A tan, the beach and pina coladas is exactly what I desperately need right now. Bring it.