Thursday, November 27, 2008

trucker caps & blonde dates

So I went on a blind date last night.

With a very hot blonde bird.

Fuck yes.

See? I still have it. I've still got it going on. Despite, you know, having thrown my life and self into...work.

Maybe it didn't involve prolific foot nuzzling under the table, and this is perhaps because a) she has a boyfriend, and b) again, I really still am as straight as a cock-loving straight person, but we did meet at a Meat Market and proceed to talk about all sorts of things over big servings of medium-rare meat and a couple of vodkas.

I met The Blonde Blogshell last night. I promised her I'd be wearing red heels so she could recognise me, and she said her locks were messy, so that's how I'd recognise her. (Her locks weren't messy though. In case you were wondering.)

We chatted like old friends, and it was so wonderful to get to know a little bit about her outside of the blog realm. She has a very refreshing aspect to her; very down to earth, wears her heart on her sleeve just like me, and if I didn't have one breker of a Christmas party to attend tonight, I'd have ordered Jaegermeisters and ensured that me and my blonde female date shook our collective posteriors on a precarious surface.

So the theme for tonight's Christmas do is such: black with a red and/or crazy headpiece.

Not helluva sure why the general constituent involves the very festive colour that is black – I'm hanging with goths here - but my concern is that I have no idea what to wear on my head. My study cupboard is filled with dressing up clothes, I'm always prepared for whatever occasion, but I'm having trouble deciding.
My choices are:

1)The antler aliceband? (It's very 'XXXmas Kinky Karaoke 2007'and Office Party 2004 though)
2)The Santa hat with the Heidi plaits that chill on the side (Who designed this? And why?)
3)Beanie and skiing goggles?
4)Nurses cap (comes with nurses outfit)?
5)Trucker cap that has 'FUCK' embroidered across the front?

The others -nNot a chance against Number 5. The FUCK hat rocks my world. Bought this guy in the States. The super militant Go Red Or Be Dead Christmas types might find it slightly off-colour though, yet no one can deny that it is a great conversation piece.

I think I might have to go with the nurses cap during starters, the beanie & goggles combo during mains and the FUCK cap after the predictable 'ho ho ho's' start rolling off tongues because everyone is up to their tits in sherry.

17 comments:

The Blonde Blogshell said...

I think it's only right that I comment first! LOL.

I had the best time ever...are you sure we haven't been friends for years and just been to drunk to remember??
I reckon a second "date" is in the Go Zone...jaegermeister and Shakira hips this time -yeees!!
Thanks Peas - you're the best!!

Peas on Toast said...

Blonide - I know, and thank YOU! :)
Next time we'll put on our dancing shoes and show those hedge-funders whose boss. :)

Looking forward to our second date!(HAHAHA Have you told your man? ;)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

I told the man that I'm cheating on him. He got over it (dare I say excited) when I told him it was with a woman. Sigh. This just may work with out all the sneaking around! Bahahahaha!!

po said...

I like the antlers, can you not wear the antlers over the "fuck" hat?

So cool that you met Blondie!

Peas on Toast said...

Blondie - tell him he gets you on Mondays and Thursday and we can share you on Saturday nights :)

Po - Was pretty swell eh! Antlers OVER the cap - very celever Po, why didn't my tired overworked brain think of that??
I also thought of making a red tinsel turban around my head. Yay/nay?

po said...

Red tinsel turban... will you not end up looking like a cranberry or a strawberry?

I say neigh!

Peas on Toast said...

Po - you may be right. And in light of the Mumbai terrorist attacks and turbans seeingly flying about, I agree.

Ant is in India and despite my email I haven't heard from her yet. Am worried sick.

po said...

Oh shit yes, forgot about that. I hope she is fine!

Peas on Toast said...

Po - well I know she's already been to the Taj Mahal, and that was attacked apparently (?), so I'm hoping she's nowhere near that now. Am even biting my non-existent nails and I don't bite my nails.

Eek.

greybe said...

Definitely the trucker hat. FUCK!

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks neil the ranter! I rather like it myself :)

Revolving Credit said...

Catsuit, whiskers and kitty ears!

Peas on Toast said...

Meeeeow ;)

Anonymous said...

puss in boots

Peas on Toast said...

Anon and Rev, wehat's with the cat theme?
Are pusses especially Christmassy or what? ;)

Revolving Credit said...

Puss in Xmas stockings?

Peas on Toast said...

Like a stocking filler?