Sunday, February 24, 2013

stuff i made

The Brit has gone to Barcelona for work.

Hasta la vista, hombre.

His work travel far exceeds mine - and he definitely gets to go to more exciting (read: sunny, cultured) places than I do. My next travel jaunt for work is Blackpool. Not even joking.

If I had a Schengen visa, I'd be over there in 5.3 seconds.
Anyway.

I've instead been busy doing and making and buying lots of little things for our wedding, which is shut the door fun. I don't want to give too much away yet, but thought I'd share our invitations since they're all out in the ether now.

I found a template on Pintrest, which I rejigged and made my own, and one of the Brit's graphic designer friends turned it into the prettiness it is now.

Shut the door:

(Brit's name is above mine, obvs. I let him have the top spot. And didn't even burn my bra or anything.)


We also had a 'particulars' card made. With addresses, dress code, RSVP details and a link to our wedding website.

The colours are sort of line with the colours we are going for - warm and fun, nice for summer-autumn non?

We wanted to keep it simple - people are coming from Europe, the Australasia's, Canada, and there is a ton of logistics involved.
We created a website where everyone can find out where to stay, eat and hire a car, for example, but the invites are literally a little noticeboard saying, "hey, we want you at our wedding."

Now. Can I show you my crotch?

These are my skinniest thin jeans. Spray on, practically. But look! There's space now! My diet, she is wekking:


Today I made what I typically do if I want something quick, healthy and filling.
Open sandwiches:
 Tuna, bolstered up with chopped onion, tomato, celery and a little light mayonnaise. The other is lightly friend mushrooms and garlic. On wholemeal organic bread, and red pepper hummus instead of butter. It's fucking delicious, might I add.

 I smashed it in my pie hole one time.

 I try to put lots of stuff in my tuna. Tuna in spring water, with finely chopped crunchy stuff so that it's bigger, healthier and yummier.

 The French ancestry in moi loves garlic. Since the Brit is safely in Spain, and far away from my garlic breath, I went to town and whacked in some of the smoked garlic I found at a market in Farrigdon a few weeks ago.
Low-fat red pepper hummus is better than butter! (Protein too).


And brekky. Gone are the days I eat a fry up. Weirdly enough I don't crave one either. If I don't do an omelette or scrambled eggs and salmon, I'll make porridge with apple, honey and pumpkin seeds, like today. No milk/dairy.

Shew hey.

4 comments:

Val said...

Lovely invites! Really nice. :) Also your open sarmies look fabulous. Well done on the diet. You are going to blow them away on your wedding day.

Flarkit said...

Well done on the healthy-yet-delicious eats!

Buttttt... (yeah-yeah, opposite of crotch), weren't you like a thin person to begin with??? I'm suspecting twiggy-like proportions of emaciation. Hope you're combining the dieting with a dash of exercise and a dollop of caution too!

Peas on Toast said...

Thank you Val!

Flarkit - haha! I wouldn't say I was ever large, bit definitely put on a few pounds since Christmas and winter here. Definitely don't believe in scrawny, but do believe in skinny. Healthy skinny anyway. I am doing weights and cardio at gym so building muscle and toning - something I haven't really don't properly before. I'm loving it weirdly enough! Xx

Peas on Toast said...

Thank you Val!

Flarkit - haha! I wouldn't say I was ever large, bit definitely put on a few pounds since Christmas and winter here. Definitely don't believe in scrawny, but do believe in skinny. Healthy skinny anyway. I am doing weights and cardio at gym so building muscle and toning - something I haven't really don't properly before. I'm loving it weirdly enough! Xx