Friday, January 28, 2005

so proud, so proud

So I leave work spitting yesterday - mad at everyone, frustrated at the world. Get home and go for a run with Stevo through Dunkeld. I didn't even cough up blood/die/pass out!!! And I haven't run more than 4 metres in a year. I was wheezing like a bitch on the way back, and I'm certain I've pulled a groin muscle - which is rather uncomforatble - and I can hardly walk this morning, but nevertheless I survived! It actually felt quite good. Steve took me out to dinner in Greenside. This is where Richard lives - so was pretty conscious of everyone walking past, staring into other restaurants to check if he was there - in fact I thought I saw him at one stage, and nearly balked, but wasn't him. I ordered a salad. A SALAD. How serious and responsible about my weight am I? We ate a Fratellis, sat outside. Was actually so nice. The last time I was at Fratelli's, loooong ago - September last year to exact - Richard was begging me to be his girlfriend. This time was much better. We are trying to organise a week in Amsterdam sometime in June. Let's hope it works.
Anyway cazn't walk properly today. It looks as though there is a carrot thrust up my backside. Yet, I am a health guru now. Me=Health. I also missed R last night. Will I ever forget him?

5 comments:

B said...

You walk like there's a carrot up your ass? Is it a small one or a big one? And that can be taken so many bad ways beyond that... my mind is in the gutter as of late.

Good to hear that you survived the run. You will lose weight so fast if you run like 4 or 5 times a week... I dropped so much the first 3 or 4 weeks I did that. And Richard... Richard can go screw himself. If he made the huge mistake of not keeping you, then that's his own dumb-ass fault, and you deserve better than him.

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks B:) That's what I try to tell myself. As for the carrot, I am so stiff today, it takes like five minutes for me to sit down...:(

Stephanie said...

Yeah!! Welcome back to the wonderful world of running. Once the pain eases you will be feeling pretty virtuous, I am sure. :)

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks - coming from a running guru herself! Going again tonight! x

Peas on Toast said...

Read about my running experience on my other blog MASH & GRAVY: www.laurianclem.blogspot.com X