Monday, March 14, 2005

bring on friday. please.

Things that have happened today:
1) Was kept awake by solitary monolithically-irritating mosquito last night. The entire night. Even me putting the duvet over my head and making a breathing hole out of this didn’t stop the little f&cker from trying to suck on my blood. Am very grumpy today as a result.

2) Still have a stalker. But he’s calmed down due to a nefariously trite e-mail I sent him. As a result, only been phoned twice today, as opposed to the usual 5 times, plus 10 or so text messages as opposed to 15. I should be so lucky to only hear from him twice a week.

3) God I feel for pork chops and mash. With crispy crackling. Guess what’s for dinner at Laurian’s house?

4) Trying to sort out my Schengen visa is a beeyutch of note. I hate being South African sometimes. I need the following, just for SIX DAYS in Europe. (Amsterdam/Brussels in April.)
– proof that I’m employed/letter from the big boss
- proof of [exhorbitant] funds
- like three itineraries
- faxes from all the hotels I’m staying at (e-mails don't count)
- [the most expensive option] travel insurance
- the usual, like a valid passport and photos
- possible proof that I’m not a neo-Nazi/terrorist
And that's just to APPLY! Steve is British, so he doesn't have to go through this. How tremendously annoying.

5) I’m leaving the country on Friday, flying off to the [idyllic] island of Zanzibar for ten days. So excited, could die. Plus that means stalker is here, and I’m there. A tan, the beach and pina coladas is exactly what I desperately need right now. Bring it.

No comments: