Seriously. I only have good things to say about my consultation with the hypnotherapist. It came at a jolly good time too:
Hypno guy: "So what can I help you with?"
L: "Getting over an ex, oh and my job is on the line, the fact that I feel like a failure, my anxiety, um, smoking, and..oh yeah, you might as well add on my parents divorce, just for fun."
Hypno guy: I see my work is cut out for me.
It was great for these reasons:
1) The guy wasn't a freak.
2) I was always aware of what I was doing, so I didn't wake up an hour later speaking like a chicken and not knowing why.
3) He gave me "the key" to finally letting go of my ex. And it seems to have worked.
4) I walked out with a newly found sense of peace.
5) He took me back to when I took my first steps. THis is the freaky part: I was 9 months old. No one has memories that far back.I remembered everything rigt down to the nappy and shirt I was wearing. I checked the facts with my mum and they were 100% correct. Wierd, eh?
6) He instilled in me what is like to feel 5 years old again. Carefree, peaceful and happy. Whenever I feel like shit, I just revert back to that time. It's incredible.
7) It was just GREAT. Well worth it.
Now I'm not usually into pyscho mumbo jumbo, but this really worked. What a pearler.