I have to just say I am very impressed with myself right now.
I've even given myself a little pat on the back, stood in front of my full-length mirror and welcomed myself into the world of 'normal person rising from the cesspit of under-achievement.'
If I compare myself to this time last year:
1) My thighs are decidedly less wobbly.
2) I am happier.
3) I am less needy.
4) I can be in a room with my ex boyfriends and their new girlfriends and introduce myself and be nice and not compare myself to them and feel nothing but nostalgic fondness for that ex boyfriend.
5) I am on the horizon of a career change.
6) I am reading one book a week.
7) I am not getting wasted three times a week.
8) I am on the brink of telling my editor to fuck off if she tells me about how amazing her walk-in closet is one more time
9) I've let everything go. Except my body.
10) I have found happiness in the things I do.
11) I am a German rap phenomenon. Well, maybe not.
All in all, I'm a completely different person from what I was on 27 February 2006. That's got to mean something.