Friday, February 15, 2008

..because it's friday

So in light of the recent “50 things about me” lists going around, and because I wrote one 3 years ago on starting this blog, I thought I'd update it. With just 25 things. Hell you won't read the whole thing. Who am I kidding. Bet it'll be fun doing it though.

Here goes:

1)I do at least three Sudoku puzzles a day.

2)I drink eight glasses of water a day. New Year's Resolution. I'm not sure if it actually does anything. I just pee a lot.

3)I write sex columns for a living. On the side. I'm not a sex guru, or even over-the-top kinky. I simply have a high libido, and the subject interests me.

4)I had a very romantic Valentine's Day yesterday, and received a beautiful bunch of roses from 747.

5)I own about 23 plastic rings.

6)I am on the Internet more than it's humanly healthy.

7)I have set the language option on my cell phone to German. To pick up basic words. “Weckzeit!” is “Wake Up!” Isn't that fabulous?

8)I own a tweed jacket. I'm sheepish to admit.

9)The most beautiful town I've been to is Brugges in Belgium.

10)The most beautiful city I've been to is Annecy, in the Haute-Savoie region of France.

11)I'm not friendly in the morning, but I do my best work before 11:00am. I start working at 6:30am.

12)My mother is in the Woman & Home this month. She looks beautiful.

13)I'd love to live in New Orleans, Berlin, Hong Kong, Paris, Tokyo, London and New York. Do you think I can achieve that by the time I die?

14)The worst job I ever had was working at a supermarket as a cashier in the US. But the cultural experience is a book all on its own. The employees were people I won't forget in a hurry.

15)I love funny men. And men who think I'm funny back.

16)I am working on a book. It's hard work. Possibly the most unglamorous glamorous job in the world. I have learnt a lot so far. It's also a long process, but holding thumbs they'll publish it sometime this year.

17)I have Small Boob Complex. But I still probably – probably – wouldn't consider a boob job.

18)There's nothing wrong with crisps and dip for supper, Third Roommate. I wouldn't serve it to you myself, but I'll happily eat that for dinner, twice a week.

19)On our trip around Europe, me and C2 had to hitch a ride in the jellyfish-infested waters of Monte Carlo with a 12 year old on a kayak. Both topless, I had to squeeze my bare breasts into his back and hold on for dear life.

20)My grandmother is the person whom I most admire. Not because of what she's achieved, but of how close to Mother Theresa a person can get.

21)My next big investment will be a piano. I play Grade 7 piano. But I don't own one anymore. I try and play whenever I get the chance though.

22)I am tactile, and I also love physical affection. (From the right person, not necessarily the idiot hanging from the bar counter with beer down his front.)

23)I did not drunk an ounce of alcohol for 7 weeks. (I had one glass of rouge last night, because it was V-Day. It went straight to my head. But it tasted so good. I never really savoured the taste of wine before.) Non-drinking is a multi-faceted social experiment. I probably won't be a big drinker ever again.

24)When I was 12, a gang of boys used to bully me. They would throw my books down drainpipes, spit on my bicycle, or chase me with sticks. I'd always fight back, but it wasn't particularly nice. These days, and this is lovely to see – the ringleader is about 130 kgs and a factory worker in Pinetown. Thank you, Facebook.

25)Jesus I love taking a bath. I need to lie in the bath every single day. Nothing beats a jolly good bath.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

23 plastic rings? Talk about the agony of choice when you go to take a dump.

Anonymous said...

gee what a coincedence, I just happened to have a copy of W&H at my office, does your mom's name begin with a "J" (yes i actually went to look at all the women to find her) I see the resemblance...I think....n her name sounds frenchy.

-chan

Peas on Toast said...

Kyk - it would be a predicament if girls actually poohed. Absolutely.

Chan - 'Fraid not m'dear. Wrong lady :) But goign through the mag myself, there are about 67 to choose from :)

Anonymous said...

Lol I'm sooo dumb, I found her! Same surname :P Gee look slike you got some good genes, you're gonna age well :) Did she get to keep the clothes? That dress is expensiveeee.

-Chan

Tam said...

where do you get your sudoku from? i can never find enough of them..

Peas on Toast said...

Bless - she's gorgeous hey? She didn't get to keep the clothes, but said she had lots of fun doing it.

Yip, if I age half as well as my mother has, I'll be a lucky girl. Please may she have passed her genes onto me!

Peas on Toast said...

Tam - I buy heaps of magazines every month, so I always do the one's at the back :) I also have a book, you can get these at CNA. Small enough to fit into your handbag. Otherwise, you can find it online as well.

:)

ExMi said...

loving your list...

glad you had a Happy Love Day:)

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks Thrills, I really liked yours too :)

Revolving Credit said...

"I love funny men. And men who think I'm funny back"

As in funny funny haha or funny funny strange???

So like if he's a midget wrestler and he thinks that you'd make the perfect bearded woman for his circus act...that's a match for you?

Peas on Toast said...

Yeah Rev.

747's real name is Freakshow.

:)

I dunno, midgets are ok, but I prefer the dude at the circus who makes spoons stay on his face whilst standing up.

The Divine Miss M said...

19) Damn that 12 year old must have thought that he was THE MAN! Seriously. You made that kids entire life!

hahhahhahahhaaaaaa

Peas on Toast said...

Miss M - ...and he smelt like mothballs when he came up real close to my face.

Now he probably smells like....fat mothballs.