Well I'm feeling pretty low. My colleagues and I managed to negotiate a nice package for ourselves, and they were keen to buy us out so that we didn't go to court and take the company for everything they have. I'm not sure where to go from here.
The fact that I was planning to go to SFrisco at the end of this year has put a serious spanner in the works: Do I get another full-time job and resign at the end of the year? (looks bad) Do I get back into journalism full-time or carry on in advertising?
Or do I get a temp job and fuck around until October, until my package runs out, then head off to California earlier?
I'm going to be all cheesy and leave it to a little thing called fate.
The HR department is liaising with our holding company, that owns about 50 publications. If they can help me to get a job at one of those magazines or newspapers, then I'll take it.
If not I'll temp and freelance. Khali left a whole lot of applications for journalists and copywriters on my desk, and I cannot be bothered to even start the process. Looking for a job, all the interviews and such, sucks major ass.
Demotivation is a horrible thing.