Firstly, read about mapping in Wapping on laurianclem.blogspot.com. Yes I am a loser.
Secondly, there is nothing worse than when you feel like you have nothing to look forward to. Sure, there's a weekend coming up in three days and I'm having faceless people around for dinner tomorrow (mainly because I have to - I owe them). I'm one of these people that hates my own company and hates not having something to look forward to.
On my own I have way too much time to think. Without having something to look forward to, I get depressed.
Wait, I know! I know! I'm going grocery shopping at lunch! Why didn't I think of this before! Ooooh I am so excited: pushing a trolley around stupid aisles that try to make me buy the more expensive products by stacking products in a psychologically fucked up way! Fighting for parking! Buying guinea pig food! Listening to elevator music while I browse for the best frozen peas! Oh goodie, I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.
Seriously, what do I have to look forward to. I need a goal.
1) I will buy bath products at Pick 'n Pay. Lavish myself in luxury while I bath.
2) It's Wednesday. Which means tomorrow is Thursday, by some coincedental turn of phrase. Which means I can watch Desperate Housewives.
3)It's my birthday in September
4) It's Kevin's housewarming next week, and he's hiring a jumping castle.
5) Maybe one day, the South African Bureau of Tax Fuck Ups will process my income tax forms and I will be allowed to embellish my outstanding retrenchment package and paid out provident funds. I will buy a red Audi with aforementioned money, and possibly, some high heels.
6) I am dressed in yellow today. This is either emant to make me feel ridiculously happy...or suicidal.
7) I can listen to cheesy music in Steve's car on the way to Pick 'n Pay. Now I'm really clutching at straws.
8) Next month, when I get a full salary, I will buy a rug and two chairs. I'm sick of living in a commune. I want to live in a home. God that sounds pathetic.
9) My boss is going to a conference, so I can take regular smoke breaks.
10) It's already 10.49 am. Only 5 1/2 hours to go until I can go home and be a sloth, basking in my own mess and watching E! TV. I think tonight is the E! True Hollywood Story on Keanu Reeves. Compelling.
Briget Jones has more chutzpah than I have right now. Truly frightening.