Friday, June 03, 2005

slug

You know one of those days when you wake up and think, "I cannot believe I have to get out of bed right now, drive to the office and be a productive human being."
I feel like a slug. Maybe I'm just super tired, but even my train of thought is stilted and my writing and vocabulary is that of an 8-year olds. It could be because I had to be a plumber last night. Swear to God there is a hamster stuck in the pipe leading out of the bath. The water didn't drain, and because I don't own a plunger, used a plastic martini glass to unblock it. It was disgusting. I'm thinking I need to call a plumber in to take a look at my pipes. :)

Steve goes to the States today on business. Whcih means two things: 1) I get to drive his awesome car while he's away.
2) I get to sort out my head, and perhaps our relationship.

I'm having a drinks thing at home tonight. The bath will probably explode in a resounding mess of hamster and hair all over my guests. Well at least I don't need to provide conversational entertainment then.

5 comments:

Paperslut said...

Do make sure you drive on the right side of the road. And by right I mean either right or left depending on the road rules of your country.

Yes, I'm terribly bored at work.

Nettie said...

And she'll be even more entertained if you manage to get pictures of the exploding-hamster-in-a-drain. Actually, I thik that would amuse everybody.

Blog ho said...

hehe. hampsters. that's funny. you'd think they would drown.

Nobody said...

Yes, trapped hamsters are always funny convo. It's one of those universal topics that'll send the most shy of monks laughing hysterically for hours on end.

" I need a plumber to look at my pipes." Also another comedic phase.

Peas on Toast said...

I'm so happy that I can entertain you guys. Just knowing that people I don't even know are reading my blog fills me with orgasmic pleasure.

And the hamster hasn't resurfaced, by the way. I turned on the shower head full-blast and thrust it down the drain, sending the hamster all the way to Cape Town in one foul blast.
I even served a drink in the plastic martini glass to one of my [less preferred] guest this weekend. Was fun watching. x