Thursday, November 24, 2005

my thanks

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and for sharing your stories with me. It has definitely made me feel stronger and less alone. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

On the other end of the scale, I have hit my first Possible Rebound Excuse. Saturday Night Conquest is trying hard to see me at the moment. Luckily, my social calendar is delaying this somewhat, but it looks as though I might have to meet him after drinks at Jolly Roger and explain that fun is what I want right now, not a relationship. He's not being especially pushy, but I need to lay my cards out on the table.

The way I see it, and because I'm so bad at this, I'm going to say this:
- I'm going to Mozambique for a month at the end of this year. So, impossible to keep in touch from a country with hardly any telephones.
- I don't want to hurt him, so let's just have fun.
- I'm so not ready for this.

That should work, I think, I hope?

After a couple of cheekies at the Jolly, the words should come out easier too. :)

8 comments:

zuzula said...

ummm... why do you need to say anything? just have your fun and be done with it!

Peas on Toast said...

True. If it comes up, will place honest cards on tabel.
If it doesn't, won't say a thing.
Thanks guys. :)

Stephanie said...

Honesty is the best policy. Just do what feels right for you. :)

Billy said...

play it easy, if you see he's getting starey eyed lay your cards on the table so as not to create false expectations, those are the little buggers that end up hurting....

November Rain said...

I agree with better


take as much time as ou need for yourself

JonSheridan said...

Oh my, I've missed some happenings haven't I? Hope you're feeling better and as for SNQ, well, just lay cards and see what transpires.

Belated 'net hugs :)

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks guys! And welcome to my site Billy-o. :)

Billy said...

thanks for the welcome maam.
Love the site.