I learnt just a smidgen of Portuguese in Mozambique. Happy New Year to all of my bloggy friends!
I got back yesterday afternoon, after a solid 18 hour drive and queues at a border post that can only be described as an anarchic refugee camp. (Only in Africa.)
A couple of highlights I’d like to share:
- Mozambique is a beautiful country.
- Our days consisted of waking up, eating, going to the beach, drinking, eating again, sleeping and waking up for a party at night.
- I’ve eaten about a tonne each of prawns, fish and lobster. I think I need a steak.
- I have been ‘reclassified.’ I am br-owwwn. But fading fast.
- We snorkeled with whale sharks at Tofo, snorkeled at Bazaruto island and tubed on the sea in our boat.
- All my guy friends got naked and streaked around the compound at least every second night. I'm sick of seeing their ding dongs.
- I thought about Small Bum a lot this holiday. He phoned me yesterday. :)
- I have a two week window period that determines whether I have malaria. As a result, every ache and pain I get between now and then I will be paranoid about.
- We played drinking games everyday, which resulted in naked swimming in the sea at night. I'm surprised we weren't chowed whole by a random Zambezi shark.
- My step brothers were there as well. They are a riot.
- We slept under nets and on inflatable mattresses every night. God its great to have back my double bed with clean sheets on it.
- I must’ve gone through three tubes of sun cream and twelve bottles of insect repellent during this time. Greased up proper. Everyday.
- Me and this other girl were the only chicks out of the other 10 guys there. It was tremendously funny but tough. Also because this other girl was somewhat of a nag. I lie. She was the most anal retentive non-camper self righteous person I’ve ever had to deal with in my life. Ever. And you’ll be proud to know that I only really blew up at her once.
But all in all, great holiday. Except that now I’m back in the office and somehow my other colleagues have forgotten to come in today. I obviously didn't get the memo.