Saturday, June 10, 2006

first for women step up to the plate


carepackage
Originally uploaded by peas on toast.
A couple of months ago I had a car accident. Or more pertinently, I t-boned a taxi because it jumped a red light.

On getting my car repaired, I encountered a little glitch: a glitch that snowballed into a full-scale media war, actually.
I posted a very pissed-off blog entry indicating how insanely annoyed I was on collection of my car, with emphasis on my insurance company and pirate parts, which obviously caught their attention.

After phone calls, houndings and wondering whether I'd be assassinated and so forth, I told the company I would not, in any circumstances, remove this post from my blog. However, I promised if they had done their duty to rectify the problem, I would make it known.

They have followed up on my disastrous panel beater/pirated parts/insurance experience through care calls and have duly investigated the situation. Today, I recieved a care package from them.
(An aromatherapy massage, in case you were interested.)

What I have gained from this experience is this:
1) Bad customer service, if reported, or written about, can be rectified.

What they have gained:
1) They will check more thoroughly next time when it comes to vehicle warranties and such.

Thank you First for Women, I am happier driving around now. Here's to a better corporate relationship in the future.

8 comments:

Revolving Credit said...

Sounds like they're trying to rub you up the right way! Enjoy

Anonymous said...

fare enough

Peas on Toast said...

Revolving - that's exactly it.

Snotty Miz - I know, for a fact, nothing would have happened unless I had written about it. I could've done the whol hellopeter.com thing too I guess, but found my blog a much better medium. Hopefully I've paved the way for their other clients, where they'll be more careful in future.

Peas on Toast said...

Peanut - It pays to be skeptical, definitely. But I appreciate that they've tried to smooth things over. And for that, I don't discount what they did. But I feel it's their way of also admitting they were wrong.

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks Peanut. :)

Kel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kel said...

value good customer service..thats why mr hello peter is my good ol' pal.
Have you used that site before?
I swear nothing makes big companies suck up like hello peter.
www.hellopeter.co.za
Good on you! I pay cash i expect good service! We are so used to shite service here in SA i tell ya!
I shall stand up & fucking complain from now on if need be!
ox

Anonymous said...

Absolutely.

I am a great writer of letters of this sort(although I have not used my blog)and it does work. There is nothing like a little righteous anger to get results.

Remember - all it takes for evil to thrive is the silence of righteous men.