Wednesday, July 05, 2006
..and the things I only remember now.
- Cute Unshaven Guy smsed me last night. I'm starting to freak just a little. Not because he isn't nice, not because he's the first guy I've given my number to in 7 weeks. Because he has the same name as Small Bum. It's just a little, well, wierd. And I don't know his surname, so I can't even call him 'Jones' or 'Smith' as an alternative.
- I had a wobbly yesterday while walking around fucking Mini Town trying to reprimand myself. A wobbly over Small Bum. I saw K yesterday (who now lives in Durban) who hung out with Small Bum the whole of the July. Funny story, no hilarious story: After drowning himself in cane, Smalls apparently went to find his mates at a restaurant. Only to walk into the wrong restaurant, walk up to every table, look straight into people's faces to see if he recognised them over their starters, then ask a couple if he could just sit and join them because he could no longer walk. Then fell asleep at their table. I laughed, then I started crying. Then, out of the blue, Smalls smsed me. I cried more, pulled myself together and went on Eye Guy's uncle's catamaran for sundowners.
- I lost my phone at the July for an hour. I dropped it in some tent E2 dragged us into, left and realised it was gone, went back an hour later and there it was, on the floor. Miracle.
- I also managed to attach a toilet roll to my shoe after going for a pee. For two kilometres, I walked around with a toilet roll dragging behind me.
- I ate bunny chow yesterday. Anybody know where I can find a good bunny chow in Joburg? (Besides Lenasia, of course.)
- I am over Eye Guy.
- Apparently Pyscho Lady was sitting behind me in a group at one stage of the day. Giving me a hairy eyeball. I didn't notice. Yay for that.
- I had an epiphany. In Durban yesterday. After Moogs told me that I get arrogant when I'm drunk, and we went for an angry walk on the beach. I am going to be demure, restrained and subdued from now on. No more hyperactive, ridiculously clownish Peas. I will start by sleeping off the weekend for the rest of this week.
- My pink shoes are fucked. After walking through what could only have been human effluent at the July.
- My editor left me a proposed contents list for the latest magazine on my desk, and I almost choked on my doondies. I think she's trying to punish me. I have rather a fucking crapload of work to do in the next two weeks.
- It's cold here. I don't think I even wore a jersey in Durban.